Reports to: Director of Revenue and Business Management, Jacksonville Today
Works with: WJCT Digital Media team, WJCT Development team, Jacksonville Today team,
Corporate Underwriting team, and WJCT Creative Director
You’ll bring the services and the mission of WJCT to new people through local digital journalism, email newsletters, in-person events based around the arts and civic engagement, subscriptions linked to digital content packages, and more.
You’ll find new audiences through partnerships with local businesses, social media and web advertising, word-of-mouth, and in-person events. You’ll do all of this with the goal of expanding WJCT’s revenue base, enabling many of your close colleagues to do their best work and have it seen, heard, and read by more people than ever before.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Build and cultivate partnerships with companies and civic groups
- Build and maintain digital audiences through paid ads
- Create audience outreach and fundraising email marketing campaigns, automations, and segmentations
- Conceptualize web and print ads, landing pages, and signup pages that drive conversions
- Help plan, implement, write copy, and track and monitor end-of-year and seasonal donation campaigns for digital audiences, utilizing matching funds when available
- Monitor donation forms and subscription signup pages for streaming services
- Provide subscribers, donors, and members with courteous, accurate, and timely service over email and phone communication regarding their subscription or donation
- Track, analyze, and report data from digital, print, email, and broadcast channels with recommendations for testing and experimentation to improve results/conversion rates
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of experience in a supporting role in marketing, communications, or fundraising
Exceptionally strong writing skills; Proven performance in a database-oriented customer service position; Experience in maintaining a CRM database and donation tracking system; Experience and knowledge of paid social media marketing, Google Ads platforms; Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Looker, data dashboards, and social media analytics preferred; Experience with email marketing campaigns, prior knowledge of Mailchimp a plus; Experience with CMS systems, Worpress and GiveWP a plus; Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Workspace; Ability to occasionally work evening and daytime events, including some weekends; Ability to work in a team environment while also displaying individual initiative; An entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude, with an eagerness to learn; Ability to lift, open and unpack shipping boxes – up to 25 pounds.
If you meet the stated qualifications and want to join our team oriented workplace please send a resume and cover letter stating position of interest and salary requirements to: email@example.com, fax: 904-358-6385, or mail to:
100 Festival Park Avenue
Jacksonville, Florida 32202