Following the release on October 14 of the 15th annual State of the St. Johns River report, this panel discussion will allow local officials in various capacities to react to the report and reflect on how actions taken now could affect the river’s future health as well as what individuals can do to help.
- 6-7PM – Meet & Greet with Community Partners
- 7-8PM – Panel Conversations
- 8-8:30PM – Audience Q&A
Special Projects Producer, Jacksonville Today
Chief Resilience Officer, City of Jacksonville
Dr. Gerry Pinto
Assoc. Research Scientist, Jacksonville University
Riverkeeper, St. Johns Riverkeeper
J. Logan Cross
Chair, Sierra Club Northeast Florida Executive Committee
Program Development Consultant Representing Groundwork Jacksonville, Inc.
Executive Director, North Florida Green Chamber of Commerce
Tickets are free, but seating is limited.
JACKSONVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY – BOOK LIST
Check out these books suggestions by the Jacksonville Public Library.
- Ecology of Streams and Rivers – Eugene Angelier
- Marjorie Harris Carr: Defender of Florida’s Environment – Peggy Macdonald
- Florida’s Rivers – Charles R. Boning
- The Rivers of Florida – Del Marth & Marty Marth
- River of Lakes: A Journey on Florida’s St. Johns River – Bill Belleville
- Get Your Feet Wet: From Palatka to the Atlantic Ocean: Your Guide to Exploring and Experiencing the St. Johns River – St. Johns Riverkeeper
- Twelve on the River St. Johns – Charles E. Bennett
- An Environmental History of Northeast Florida – James J. Miller
- Ecosystems of Florida – Ronald L. Myers
- Paradise Lost? The Environmental History of Florida – Jack E. Davis
- The Riverkeepers: Two Activists Fight to Reclaim our Environment as a Basic Human Right – John Cronin
- My St Johns River, Our Responsibility (DVD) – St. Johns Riverkeeper
Additional material for use in library only are available in Florida Collection at Main Library.
Many of these books can be downloaded through Hoopla or Overdrive. Or if you prefer a hard copy, try Jacksonville Public Library’s curbside pickup service which is fast, stress-free, and available to make all your reading quick and easy.
Thursday, November 3, 2022
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
100 Festival Park Avenue
Jacksonville, Florida 32202